The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Practice Standards Scheme is aimed at encouraging high standards of small animal medicine and surgery in practice, teaching and research.
In April 2000 Battle Flatts passed into the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme, and since then we have been inspected regularly by independent trained veterinary surgeons. Inspectors visit the practice with a detailed and strict set of guidelines to cover all aspects of small animal practices, including:
- Qualifications and continuing education of our staff.
- Clean, hygienic and secure premises.
- Efficient and accurate patient records.
- Diagnostic equipment.
- Laboratory facilities.
- Hospitalisation and nursing care.
- Surgical facilities.
- Safe storage and dispensing of medicines.
- Full compliance with health and safety regulations.
RCVS Practice Standard is a kitemark for veterinary practice: the scheme is constantly reviewed and updated, and is highly regarded by the Health and Safety Executive and consumer associations. By choosing a veterinary practice which has been assessed under the Practice Standards Scheme, clients can have peace of mind that their pets will be cared for to the very highest standards.